A stroll along the ridge separating the Loue Valley and that of the river Doubs and then along the banks of the Doubs with a panoramic view of the Château de Montferrand ruins.
Calculated time is computed with the distance, the height difference, and an average speed of 2.2 mph. For an intermediate walker, this time includes small breaks.
Park on the car park located behind the Vorges-les-Pins town hall.
(D/A) Go back up towards the main road and turn left in the direction of the church.
Follow the road on the left and continue until the signpost indicating the farm-guesthouse on the right.
(1) Continue right in the direction of the farm-guesthouse. At the top of the path, at the crossroads, continue to the left and go on to take a path on the right through the wood.
(2) At the top of the path, turn left and continue up to the viewing point. Follow the path, and at the signpost turn left on the yellow and blue-marked path that descends.
Reach the fork with the Route de Quincey.
(3) Turn right, stay on the main path and keep going straight in the direction of Busy.
(4) Skew left when you get to the Church and take the road on the left up to No.16, a house with an inscription "satakieli" and a wooden garage.
(5) Take the path on the left. Stay on the straight path. Go past the water treatment plant and come out on a road before the place called Moulinot.
(6) Turn left on the small bridge, with the sign "cul de sac", and continue until you reach the banks of the river Doubs.
(7) Turn left on the Voie Verte. Stay on this road for approximately 2 kilometres with views of the ruined Château de Montferrand. Reach a path with a tree and a ruin at spot height 231 on the IGN map.
(8) Leave the bank, turn left on a path and join the Ruisseau du Moulin Caillet stream (you'll see a red arrow on a stump).
Turn left to cross a small stone bridge.
Stay on the main path which rises through the wood to the right. Reach the Rue de la Riette, follow it up to the crossroads with the Grande Rue which is also the D104.
(10) Turn right on this road and keep going until you reach the start point(D/A).
D/A : km 0 - alt. 317m
1 : km 0.28 - alt. 329m - Right, Chemin de Courbey
2 : km 1.12 - alt. 395m - Fork
3 : km 3.35 - alt. 351m - Route de Quincey
4 : km 4.52 - alt. 303m - Busy
5 : km 4.86 - alt. 303m - Path intersection
6 : km 5.53 - alt. 254m - Moulinot
7 : km 6.26 - alt. 242m - The Doubs
8 : km 8.03 - alt. 227m - Trail intersection
9 : km 8.79 - alt. 252m - Ruisseau du Moulin Caillet (stream)
10 : km 9.8 - alt. 307m - Grande Rue
D/A : km 10.23 - alt. 317m
In March you can pick daffodils between Busy and the road leading to the banks of the river Doubs.
We advise taking IGN maps with you on this walk. Click here to buy : 3324ET.
Visorando and this author cannot be held responsible in the case of accidents or problems occuring on this walk.
Another circular walk around Lizine taking you to beautiful viewpoints and past the limestone pavement.
Peaceful downhill hike through the Montfaucon valley to the feudal castle perched on its rocky outcrop. Then from a lost fountain to a forgotten fountain, you will go through and, no doubt, appreciate the wild freshness of the Nacra steephead valley.
This hike allows you to discover the geological and karstic curiosities which are the source du Lison (the Lison spring), the creux Billard (the Billard hollow) and the grotte Sarrazine (the Sarrazine cave).
The great advantage of this route is that overlooks the creux Billard and offers natural uncovered lookout points from the upper plateau.
The Loue Spring (tributary of the Doubs) is a resurgence of the Doubs. After journeying underground, it comes out into the open air at the bottom of a 'reculée' (steephead valley), at the foot of the rock face. It has cut deep into the limestone of the Jura massif, creating an enclosed valley, which I invite you to gaze at and contemplate from the many lookout points. You will also go down to the bottom of the gorge to discover this impressive resurgence.
From the old village of Mouthier, you will climb up to the tourism hotspot Franche-Comté , one of the major natural sites of Doubs: the Source of the Loue and up the Nouailles Gorges. You will overlook its emerald green waters interspersed with rapids and waterfalls, climbing and a scenic, physically demanding trail, perhaps surprising along the way some old forgers printing counterfeit money in the shade of caves and returning by the crest of cliffs and lookout points overlooking the valley.
For more walks, use our search engine.
The GPS track and description are the property of the author.