A hike along the balconies in the south of Burgundy through the vineyards.
Calculated time is computed with the distance, the height difference, and an average speed of 2.2 mph. For an intermediate walker, this time includes small breaks.
The start of the hike is in the church square in Chaintré. Park in the square.
(S/F) Start the hike back to the church, turn right on Rue Saint-Vincent. Turn left at the calvary.
(1) At the end of the street, continue right in the direction of the "Petites Bruyères".
(2) At Domaine Larochette, turn right on a dirt road. Pass by the access road to Bruyères on the right and continue neglecting the path from the left. Cross the Gointrond stream and veer left onto a fork in the path.
(3) Turn right to climb due north, arrive on a paved section and turn right. At a ruined house with brick walls, turn right and climb a small hill.
(4) Reach the GR76D and follow it left towards Les Rontés, heading west. At the fork at the Chateau des Rontés, keep right.
(5) At the Bois de Fée, take the path on the left which passes near a viewpoint (6). Arrive at a car park, turn left and continue straight across the road then take the first right due north.
(7) At a place called Bois Seguin, turn left and continue straight.
(8) Turn left nearing the D31, cross it and take the grassy path opposite. Pursue this path.
(9) On arrival at the village of Chasselas, turn left at the Calvary heading towards the cemetery. Once at the cemetery, take the path to the right. In the village of Leynes, turn left then right into the town square. Take the street on the right at the end.
(10) Turn left at a house named “La Maison" (written on the wall). Turn right at the sign that reads "Grand Champ Bois de Fée".
(11) Turn left towards Balmont Haut then right at the mountain biking sign for VTT route 7. Allow several paths leading to the right and left to go by, and then turn left at a bend further below. Then pass by a path on the right, turn right at the following crossroads and go straight.
(12) At the end of this road, turn right towards the village of Chaintré. Pas by Chateau de Lavernette on the left and veer left at the washhouse, turn right and then immediately left onto the grassy path that rises sharply to the car park at the start point (S/F).
D/A : km 0 - alt. 282m
1 : km 0.45 - alt. 257m - Turn right in the direction of “Les Petites Bruyèr
2 : km 0.89 - alt. 263m - Dirt road to the right
3 : km 1.52 - alt. 291m - Branch, head uphill to the right, due north
4 : km 2.37 - alt. 327m - Junction with the GR76D
5 : km 3.47 - alt. 397m - Path left towards the Bois de Fée
6 : km 3.83 - alt. 410m - Orientation table
7 : km 4.93 - alt. 381m - Turn left at a place called Bois Seguin
8 : km 5.64 - alt. 393m - Turn left just before the D31
9 : km 6.29 - alt. 329m - Calvaire de Chasselas
10 : km 7.58 - alt. 303m - Fork, take the left
11 : km 9.59 - alt. 287m - Turn right
D/A : km 10.8 - alt. 282m
We advise taking IGN maps with you on this walk. Click here to buy : 2929ET, 3028OT, 3029SB.
Visorando and this author cannot be held responsible in the case of accidents or problems occuring on this walk.
A hike in Beaujolais through vineyards and forests, starting from Juliénas near Belleville. This hike can be shortened or lengthened (see description).
Wonderful hike in Burgundy to discover "Solutré" (a landmark) and the "Rock of Vergisson”.
A hike on the highest summit of the Rhône Department.
A scenic walk between the mountain passes of Col du Châtoux and Col du Joncin.
From Col du chatoux (or col du Chêne), this hike goes through woods along the ridge line offering wonderful views:
-over the Saône and eastern Beaujolais valleys
- over Azergues Valley to the west.
A lovely, easy walk through the woods above Chamelet.
For more walks, use our search engine.
The GPS track and description are the property of the author.