This hike starts at the car park of the Mine d’Or beach, along the coast north to Haut-Pénestin, to return by internal paths to reach the sea at Maresclé beach and then the starting point.
Calculated time is computed with the distance, the height difference, and an average speed of 2.2 mph. For an intermediate walker, this time includes small breaks.
(S/F) From the Mine d’Or car park, take the Allée des Pins north-west (coastal road towards La Source), and after 50 m, join the coastal path to the left. Take this trail to Halguen beach, follow the markings to the right leading onto the road. Turn left to reach the end of it.
(1) Turn around and follow the road (Allée du Tour de l’Ile) for 400 m. Turn left again towards Camaret beach to meet up with the coastal path heading right at the end of the car park.
(2) Follow the path. After about 1200 m, the path turns right and then comes to a fork after 300 m.
(3) Turn left onto the cycle path. Arrive at the first buildings of Haut-Penestin, veer left and then right after 100 m, following the cycle lane towards the town centre. At the first intersection, keep right and continue straight along Avenue Toulprix to pass the rescue centre.
(4) After about 200 m, leave the road that makes a bend to the left and continue on the cycle lane slightly to the right. Cross Allée des Sports, continue on the path almost opposite and go straight until you reach the road.
(5) Turn left and cross the road to almost directly ahead (slightly to the left) on Chemin du Clido. Cross the Boulevard de l'Ocean and continue on Rue de Kervinet.
(6) When it turns off to the right, continue on the path opposite. After about 300 m, keep right, then right again following the path that leads to the hamlet of Couarne. Turn left into the hamlet and keep right until you see a 3-way fork.
(7) Take the right fork and follow it to the camping ground. Continue onwards keeping the camping ground to your right. Pass by the first road to the right and take the second after about 300 m. Cross the D201 (take care) to reach the hamlet of Kerlieu.
(8) At the T-junction, follow the road to the right, then the dead-end on the left and continue on the path towards the beach Maresclé. Turn 90° to the right at the first junction, cross Route du Maresclé and continue opposite.
(9) Turn right on the coastal path and follow it to the starting point at the Mine d’Or (S/F).
D/A : km 0 - alt. 18m
1 : km 3.22 - alt. 7m - Le Halguen
2 : km 3.92 - alt. 6m - Camaret beach
3 : km 5.36 - alt. 6m - Left fork
4 : km 6.42 - alt. 13m - Haut-Penestin Rescue Centre
5 : km 7.23 - alt. 19m - To the left
6 : km 7.5 - alt. 17m - Le Clido
7 : km 8.29 - alt. 21m - Crossroads of 3 paths
8 : km 9.96 - alt. 14m - Kerlieu
9 : km 11.21 - alt. 7m - Le Maresclé
D/A : km 12.97 - alt. 18m
Some sections are a little slippery in winter between Couarne and Kerlieu.
We advise taking IGN maps with you on this walk. Click here to buy : 1022OT.
Visorando and this author cannot be held responsible in the case of accidents or problems occuring on this walk.
La Mine d’Or car park
Hamlet of Couarne.
A pretty walk between the countryside and the seaside. The Pointe de Penn Lann stands guard over the Vilaine Estuary.
For more walks, use our search engine.
The GPS track and description are the property of the author.